What is Ember Sword?
Ember Sword is a medieval-themed free-to-play MMORPG built on the Ethereum blockchain. The game offers a sandbox experience with complete player autonomy, meaning players don’t have to pick specific classes or roles. Additionally, the game promises a player-driven economy, a classless combat system, and scarce but tradable collectables.
The gameplay is pretty straightforward. Players have complete freedom in what they do. They can create their character, pick a home region, and explore the open world of Thanabus to complete quests, craft items, and battle monsters or other players. Each region in Ember Sword has unique quests, monsters, and resources. Players are free to use these resources or sell them.
Moreover, there are many skills in Ember Sword that players can acquire and improve, such as energy combat skills, fishing, mining, harvesting, blacksmithing, and more. The more players are training, the higher their skill levels will be. Higher skill levels will unlock new advancements, such as new abilities to cast and increased efficiency. Thus, the activities within the game are almost endless.
The world of Ember Sword is completely controlled by its players through land ownership. Landowners will evolve the world by placing resources, NPCs, monsters, and more. They can create services and experiences, such as vendor marketplaces, to earn money from their land. The revenue generated by lands comes in Ember Sword’s premium currency, which is an ERC-20 token.
History of Ember Sword
Ember Sword is being developed by Bright Star Studios Limited, which consists of an experienced team of game developers who have led projects like Guild Wars, Aquanox, TankWars, Blitzkrieg, and Kaos War. The team’s vision is to build the next generation free-to-play MMORPG experience. The aim is to revolutionise how blockchain games are monetised, putting an end to loot boxes and pay-to-win monetisation. The team wants to empower artists to monetise their work by offering true ownership over virtual items and a persistent decentralised virtual world built and controlled by the players.
The game is currently in pre-alpha, and alpha testing will open up in the first quarter of 2022. The team plans to open up the capital of Solarwood, the first nation of Ember Sword, during the alpha testing. They will add more features and gameplay focused alphas throughout 2022. The other nations are planned to be released in 2023.
Although the game isn’t released yet, it has received massive public attention after 35,000 players pledged over 203 million USD to purchase in-game virtual land. In May 2021, the game secured a 2 million USD funding round with participation from CoinGecko Ventures, Delphi Digitals, and Animoca Brands.
Types of Property in Ember Sword
There are currently two types of NFTs in Ember Sword. These include:
LAND is a valuable commodity in Ember Sword. By owning LAND, players will own a piece of the virtual world, have an NFT they can customise however they like, and receive a share of all the revenues generated on their land plots. Landowners can maximise their profits by improving their land and putting it to good use. They can create a small monster camp, open a Blacksmith’s stall for handicrafts, and more. LAND can also be sold or traded for real money on numerous marketplaces.
LAND in Ember Sword comes in a range of sizes, starting from 1×1 all the way to 20×20. There are four types of LAND players can buy, including:
- Regular is the base form of land in Ember Sword. They come with the Sir/Lady title and have unique characteristics revealed as the game unfolds. These characteristics may include resource deposits, NPC houses, campsites, monster spawns, and more.
- Settlement is a piece of land on which players can place small-sized buildings. Players can place any building they want on their settlements, such as a small guild house, player housing, player store, resupply stations, and more. Owners of Settlements will acquire the Baron/Baroness title.
- Town is larger than Regular and Settlement, giving wayward adventurers more advantages. Owners can put bigger buildings that can do specific tasks, such as refinement stations, medium guild houses, and crafting buildings. Additionally, owners can also construct an exchange, which is a structure that gives them access to the global item trading network. Those who buy Town Plots will be granted the title of Earl/Countess.
- City is the biggest LAND option players can acquire in Ember Sword. Cities are the centres of commercial activities as players can put the largest structures and guilds in them. City owners will be able to construct large guild houses, caravan trading posts, portals, and much more. Those who own City are given the title of Duke and Duchess.
There are a total of 160,000 plots. The first land sale is in the nation of Solarwood, which has 40,000 plots of land.
All skins, avatars, emoticons, textures for LAND structures, etc., are collectively called “Cosmetics” in Ember Sword. Cosmetics are displayed as cards, which players can obtain when facing a boss of the game or in outlaw areas. Players can also create their own Cosmetics and upload them to the game. Whether obtained from the game or created by the players, cosmetics can be bought and sold in the in-game store or outside of the game.
Native Tokens Used in Ember Sword
The native token used in Ember Sword is Ember (previously called PIXEL Token). Ember is an ERC-20 token that powers the entire economy of Ember Sword. Users can use this token to buy or sell LAND and Cosmetic in the game.
Top 3 Reasons to Invest in Ember Sword
- Notable investors – Ember Sword has secured 2 million USD in a founding round from notable investors, including CoinGecko Ventures, Delphi Digital, and Animoca Brands, among others.
- Rapid growth – Although Ember Sword is only scheduled to be released in 2022, it has received massive public attention after 35,000 players pledged over 203 million USD to purchase virtual land plots in the home. Additionally, the members of the Ember Sword Discord are also growing rapidly.
- Prospective landowners need to submit applications – Unlike most other blockchain gaming platforms, which offer their NFT assets on a first-come-first-served basis, those who want to own land plots within Ember Sword have to submit applications to the team. They need to complete a questionnaire on how they would help the community to grow. The team only allows successful applicants to buy land plots, thus, making land in the virtual world more scarce and exclusive.